Shipping and Insurance included.
BeeWeaver Bees have evolved to overcome the challenges in the world of bees. Bred from a hybrid of bees, BeeWeaver Queens are chosen for their mite resistance, high honey production & healthy population. 100% of BeeWeaver's hives have been CHEMICAL FREE since 2001.
All BeeWeaver queens are produced by us in Texas in the Brazos Valley, and come mated, ready to lay.
PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER:
1. We will ship your order on the next available ship date. Queens are caught fresh and shipped the same day. We ship on Monday-Wednesday only. For instance, if you order late Wednesday we will catch and ship your order on the following Monday.
2. Queens are shipped USPS Priority (1-19 queens) or USPS Express (20+ queens). All orders are insured to arrive alive. Prior to you shipment (usually the day of or a few days before) you will receive delivery instructions and tips. You will also receive a tracking number.
3. If you are ordering 50+ queens we will ship your order in a battery box. Orders of 20-49 may come in a battery box or cages with attendant bees. Orders of 19 or less will be shipped in cages with attendant bees.
4. We use USPS Priority Mail, insured for delivery. Please provide our Telephone Number - the post office will (should) call you and eliminate the risk of the queens being left in your mailbox to die.
- BeeWeaver honeybees are hardy, productive, mite tolerant and virus resistant stock.
- BeeWeaver honeybees respond quickly to pollen and nectar resource changes, which means quick growth in the spring, big honey crops, and low winter mortality.
- BeeWeaver bees thrive in a variety of environmental conditions and climates, and with little need for extensive management interventions often required by other bees.
- BeeWeaver honeybees will not succumb to Varroa mite infestation or honey bee virus infections. In fact, there is no need to apply chemical treatments to suppress Varroa destructor infestation in hives headed by Bee Weaver queens.
- BeeWeaver colonies will build strong populations, produce big honey crops and naturally minimize Varroa mite population growth.
- BeeWeaver honeybees detect and eliminate infested pupae - killing subsequent generations of immature mites in the process.
- BeeWeaver bees also groom each other and chew mites in the process, leaving mites damaged, susceptible to desiccation or dead.
- BeeWeaver bees also mount a distinct immunological response to viral challenge, enabling them to resist infection by several deadly viruses that Varroa mites vector.
- BeeWeaver bees increase the expression of some immune genes and reduce the expression of others in response to viral pathogens. The genes upregulated in Bee Weaver bees exposed to viruses are usually downregulated in other strains, and the immune genes downregulated in Bee Weaver bees infected by viruses are usually upregulated in other strains exposed to viruses