Express Shipping and Insurance included.
***Due to the nature of shipping live animals and scheduling pick ups please place seperate orders for shipped queens by week, pick up bees & queens by date, and any queen or bee order and other items (like honey, equipment, etc). Thank you for your cooperation!***
BeeWeaver Bees have evolved to overcome the challenges in the world of bees. Bred from a hybrid of bees, BeeWeaver Queens are chosen for their mite resistance, high honey production & healthy population. 100% of BeeWeaver's hives have been CHEMICAL FREE since 2001.
All BeeWeaver queens are produced by us in Texas in the Brazos Valley.
PLEASE READ BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER:
1. Check Bulk pricing - price decreases when you buy 2 or more! Only one ship week may be selected per order, or a $25 fee applies for each additional ship week. Consider combining your order with other beekeepers to save on shipping costs.
2. Order cancellations made within 60 days of placing the order can receive a refund or store credit, after 60 days only a store credit is available. Order changes are subject to a 10% change fee.
3. Queens are shipped USPS Express and shipping is included in the queen price. Buy more, and save on shipping. All orders are insured to arrive alive. You will also receive a tracking number.
4. If you are ordering 50+ queens we will ship your order in a battery box. Orders of 20-49 may come in a battery box or cages with attendant bees. Orders of 19 or less will be shipped in cages with attendant bees.
- BeeWeaver honeybees are hardy, productive, mite tolerant and virus resistant stock.
- BeeWeaver honeybees respond quickly to pollen and nectar resource changes, which means quick growth in the spring, big honey crops, and low winter mortality.
- BeeWeaver bees thrive in a variety of environmental conditions and climates, and with little need for extensive management interventions often required by other bees.
- BeeWeaver honeybees will not succumb to Varroa mite infestation or honey bee virus infections. In fact, there is no need to apply chemical treatments to suppress Varroa destructor infestation in hives headed by Bee Weaver queens.
- BeeWeaver colonies will build strong populations, produce big honey crops and naturally minimize Varroa mite population growth.
- BeeWeaver honeybees detect and eliminate infested pupae - killing subsequent generations of immature mites in the process.
- BeeWeaver bees also groom each other and chew mites in the process, leaving mites damaged, susceptible to desiccation or dead.
- BeeWeaver bees also mount a distinct immunological response to viral challenge, enabling them to resist infection by several deadly viruses that Varroa mites vector.
- BeeWeaver bees increase the expression of some immune genes and reduce the expression of others in response to viral pathogens. The genes upregulated in Bee Weaver bees exposed to viruses are usually downregulated in other strains, and the immune genes downregulated in Bee Weaver bees infected by viruses are usually upregulated in other strains exposed to viruses